Prince Lotor - Pre Convention Tweaks

Mood: JUDGING YOU WITH GREAT PREJUDICE!

A couple things learned from wearing the costume for a longer period of time and moving around in it:

1) The soft shoes that I severely injured myself making didn't work. The shoe armor was too thick and they were nearly impossible to walk in.

2) The front belt buckle needed a bit of support to lie flat against the seam of the leggings.

3) I need to reinforce the wig style with some thread or something. It's too thick for only glue to work.

4) The straps needed some tape to reinforce the glue.

So here's what I did to address these issues.

1) I redid the shoes. I had sewn some "stirrups" for the leggings but it turns out the leggings were long enough to partially cover my feet already. I was able to pull these stirrups over some old shoes that were falling apart. They became handy boot covers! From there I took black craft foam and measured around the shoe to make the pointed toe armor and trim. I painted it with hexflex paint to match other parts of armor and used contact cement to apply them to the shoes.
I may need to trim the toes a bit and straighten things out but that's easier to do now. 
Compared to the old version.

2) I have leftover velcro squares. Just peeled one off and stuck on the front of the pants. The back of the buckle is already covered in velcro so this helped. Added a few more squares on the sides.

3) Reglued straps and added duct tape. Thanks duct tape. Handyman's best friend.

4) I think the plan will be to sew the hair either with invisible thread or white cotton thread (because thick white hair) into the wig cap.


Last change, I'm going to reduce the size of the eyebrows a touch. The shape is right but it's a little exaggerated.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sims4 Tutorial: Making Custom Food Vampire Friendly

3D Printer to Die-Cutter Progress

Acrylic Glass Art with 3D printing Series: Image Preparation