I've made some progress on my Dalish Inquistor. The bodice is in progress (pics soon)
So I had a round about way of figuring out how to do this. First, I thought that the vinyl I purchased would be thinner and a bit more flexible. So I went about creating the base of the bodice in craft foam and cover it in the vinyl.
But that wasn't quite working out because the vinyl was too thick and stuff. So I took out the craft foam save for the bra cups. Which I placed too high up at first. Then I realize that I'd have to cut and sew the bodice...you know like an actual pattern of a bodice.
...now it fits and looks nice-ish. I'm just glad the belt is so thick. :P So I have some more detail to put on this as well as a way to lace it up in the back. Then I'll work with my new airbrush to get some battle damage!
Then there's the chain mail which was going to be made out of a grey net mesh. I cut out pieces for a turtleneck shirt and leggings, pinned them to the dummy and let it sit there for weeks.
I kept looking at it and thinking: "This isn't right. It looks dull and not like metal at all. AT ALL. So I decided to get new fabric that was shiny. Now I have metallic fishnet fabric that I have to make into a pair of leggings and a turtleneck shirt.
I plan on ordering some worbla after my next paycheck or two. I have the pattern for the helmet cut out. I'll have to make a test in foam.
In other news, I'll be heading out to RTX this year. I don't think my pink halo armor really fits anymore. Damn these hips not lying about how much cake I eat! Truth...I eat a lot of cake. I might just wear the helmet. THAT fits.