Thursday, August 27, 2015

Check out my Bod...ice

Boo-boo-be-doop. I have been thinking and rethinking the bodice armor for the Dalish Inquisitor. I may have finally...FINALLY arrived at A solution. Here's what I did.

First, I got inspired by the bodice design for Anna's winter dress in Frozen.
That design just looked very similar to the design of the armor itself. 

(Focus on the neckline really.)

So I learned a thing or two. First how to block out a bodice pattern.

It's similar but not quite the same as the Frozen dress. My next debacle was figuring out which material to use. 

or

The vinyl has the right color but sooo wrinkly. :(  So I went with the foam. 



SO MANY PINS! The foam was heated shaped and glued. I need to make some adjustments to the seams so like they're not there at all. Then I can cover it with the fabric. :D I also got my airbrush paints ready to go on this one. ^^ Can't wait to use it. But first...have to get the right fabric to cover this. 



No comments:

Post a Comment