Voltron Paladin Pidge - Day 0

So after watching the newest remake of Voltron and LOVING the paladin armor, one of the first thoughts I had after watching the show was..."I have to cosplay this."

I've been holding off the "official start" for the project as I've been deep into researching and planning. And for awhile I wasn't sure which paladin to choose.

Ended up with Pidge because green is my favorite color of the current color palate. And the only official female on the team.
Downside is...all the characters (save for Hunk) are way skinnier than I am. Another reason I've held off cosplaying for awhile is I've got too much gut and Spanxx can only hold so much for so long before becoming very painful. 

So phase 1 is weight loss.  I want more energy which the extra 20lbs I carry around is not helping with. SO...no it's not JUST the costume that's prompting the weight loss, but it's a nice motivation.

I've done a lot of break-downs of the costume itself (I'll post sketches soon). So I have plans set at least and the beginnings of a supply list.

Under Armor

The plan for the underarmor is to make my own leggings and shirt.
  • Charcoal Lycra
  • Foss Shape for the shoulders
  • Craft Foam for elbows, knees and shoulders
  • White Vinyl to cover the joint pads
  • Matte Green Paint for the joints and other parts of the armor
  • Black Fabric Marker for the Linework (got)

Helmet

Using the basic helmet pattern provided on EvilTed's site. It's the exact shape I need. (Yisssss!)
  • EVA Foam Thick (got)
  • Contact Cement (got)
  • Craft Foam (got)
  • Plasti-Dip (Got)
  • PET-G Plastic (got)
  • EL Wire (got somewhere...)/EL Tape*
  • Aqua Blacklight paint
  • White Paint matte
  • Green Paint matte
  • Light Blue/Green/Smoke tint for visor*
* These are optional or stretch features.

Chestpiece

Supplies needed
  • Same as Helmet
  • Painters Tape for detailing

Limb Armor

I still need to figure out what I want to make these out of. I feel like Craft foam should be enough but I may need to use worbla or thicker EVA foam.
  • Needs Research
  • Duct tape casts of my limbs
  • Worbla/Foam + PlastiDip?
  • Same paints as helmet

Shoes

OMG shoes.

  • Boat Shoes (for a base)
  • Eva Foam (for the sole)
  • White Vinyl
  • Aqua paint for the heel of the sole. 

Belt

I'm most likely going to attach this directly to the top of my pants.

  • White Vinyl
  • Craft Foam
  • LED light*
  • Blue paint
  • White Matte Paint
  • Grey Matte Paint 

 Bayard

The little weapon thing. This will need some research too. 
  • Research LED lighting
  • Styrofoam/Carving Foam

Tools that I got

  • Dremel
  • Drill
  • Air Brush System
  • Respirator
  • Sewing Machine

Tools I need

  • New Blades...box cutter style!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sims4 Tutorial: Making Custom Food Vampire Friendly

3D Printer to Die-Cutter Progress

Acrylic Glass Art with 3D printing Series: Image Preparation