Prince Lotor - Day 9

So it was a day of making connections. The knees are attached to the thighs via nylon webbing like I intended.

However, my brilliant magnet plan didn't pan out very well. It just doesn't stick well enough so, I'm using velcro at the moment. I think what I may end up doing is using D-rings and velcro strips to loop through the ring and hold it in place. Which means I need to sew a little bit more. (I'm leery about my sewing machine right now. It bit me.)

Speaking of sewing, the pants now have a big pocket to fit my phone, wallet and iPod.

I worked mostly on the chest armor this weekend. I got the straps and clips hooked in, got the collar on. Need to do some trimming and heat shaping. I'll use D-ring velcro loop or just velcro for the back of the collar to close it up. But to get it on, I needed some flex for my head. I'm also going to line the inside of the collar with craft foam to give it a smooth finish.

Lots of sanding in my future too. So the next steps are to get the connections for the leg armor done, trim and heat treat the chest armor, drill the holes in the gauntlets (I might get an awl for that.) I still need to make the shoe armor and the belt. I plan on making the belt itself out of nylon webbing, elastic and an adjustable clip since I'm losing weight. Then I'll attach loops on the foam bits and attach it all that way. Hmm...I think I'll do that this weekend too. PLANS.

Then I can move on to some of the fun bits, like sealing and painting. :3 Oh...then wig styling and make up fiddling. Oh...and props too. UGH.

But, I was happy to see that Joann's carries cosplay foam as they call it. I like the stuff I got but it was pricey. The foam mats are pretty good and economical but for the sword I need length. :P

But Kova will come first. I need to sew his fur on, weft some yarn for the tail and mane and then love it. It's really cute. I want to make another one of these things so...keep an eye out for more. OH, and I'm also saving up for a 3D resin printer and leatherworking course. Next costume will be leather. :3

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sims4 Tutorial: Making Custom Food Vampire Friendly

3D Printer to Die-Cutter Progress

Acrylic Glass Art with 3D printing Series: Image Preparation