Prince Lotor - Day 3 "The Gauntlet"

Again, we keep up with the trend that I make everything for this costume twice. XD My method for making the gauntlets was sound. I thought that adding worbla would help...but it didn't. :( So many hours wasted. So I recut the pattern, heat treated and pressed it over the buck until I got that hump. The first go around, I made the left gauntlet too small. Second go around, both are slightly too big which is what I want. We'll fit things later. I also cut the first part of the chest piece out. So far nothing to worry about. So far...

Meanwhile, I should be getting my order of more foam, LED lights, el wire and contact cement today. :) I should be able to pick up my fabric from the leasing office today too so no excuses for holding off...except the one excuse that I'm cramping like a mo-fo today and will be red-tenting it.

Still. Things are looking better the second go around. Just a hard...expensive lesson to learn.

Oh and I sent my application to join the Austin Cosplay meetup group. So we'll see what happens with that. :D

Anyway, here are pictures of the gauntlet procedures:
Mmm...lovely lady lumps

They look alright I guess.  One is too small.

To fix the size issue and exaggerate the hump, craft foam.

Dremelled holes for the lights. They fit nicely. But I should have used my drill.
 Not pictured...the sad fuck-up that worbla caused. :(
Take two. Oh and that's dry cat barf nearby. Nice. It was a very eventful weekend. 
And the chest piece...for fun.
I feel good about this piece. Maybe I won't have to re-do it. :D


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sims4 Tutorial: Making Custom Food Vampire Friendly

3D Printer to Die-Cutter Progress

Acrylic Glass Art with 3D printing Series: Ruka and Kyojuro Painted Scene