Prince Lotor - Day 2

So, I finally decided on a couple of props to go with this costume: the sword and the cat.



 I intend to make both. I'll probably work on the cat first because 1) I am confident in my plushing ability more than my foam carving. 2) It'll be a better prop for the halloween party than a convention. That way if the sword goes south, I have a backup prop.

I purchased a pattern for the sword. I will be getting EL wire to light it up and probably more foam for the blade and hilt and some transparent thermal plastic for the glow bits. :P It will be interesting.

As for actual costume progress, I've patterned out all my armor pieces.
I also figured out how I'm going to get the "bump" shape on the gauntlet. I made a plaster mould that I'll press my heated foam against. :D (Thanks tutorial books!)

And this past weekend I cut out all my fabric pieces and started construction. So I've got the jumpsuit, shoes, and tailcoat ready to go.
The front of the jump suit I did a combination of paneling and applique. 
I also did some fabric painting for the sleeve design and the tailcoat pattern. 

(Ugh my photos aren't great.) I've serged together the panels of the tailcoat. I will serge the two sides together and then attach them to the leggings. 
So far things are coming together pretty well.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sims4 Tutorial: Making Custom Food Vampire Friendly

3D Printer to Die-Cutter Progress

Acrylic Glass Art with 3D printing Series: Ruka and Kyojuro Painted Scene