Prince Lotor - Day 2.5

After looking at my photos and then at my fabric and then at my references, I came to the conclusion that the fabric color choice was very, very wrong. It was far too dark. So I did a quick search online for "denim" colored spandex. As luck would have it, someone did have a spandex in that dull blue-grey...or at least closer than navy blue. So I ordered it.

Then I re-cut my pattern because I have new plans for how to do the paneling. So I cut one panel from my leftover black spandex. I'll cut my grey from the old suit. Now that I have clear thread, I feel better about the applique process.

I also got some "non-skid" fabric for my shoes that I'm sewing and plenty of thread.

For today, I think I'll serge the skirt together. :)

And hopefully my shipment with clay and plastic pellets came today. Then I can work on art doll stuff too. :)

UPDATE:
Good news, my shipment of plastic pellets and clay came today!
Mediocre news, I was able to get the tailcoat sort of working. My Plan for it works...but...
Bad news, I have to re-do the skirt and buy MORE spandex. :( The orange lining was larger than the black layer...it should have been the other way around. Unfortunately, during the serging process, the orange lining bubbled and got cut. I kept trying to correct it by cutting and re-sewing but it just wasn't coming together and I ended up shortening one side too high.
😡 *cries forever*

Anyway...now I'm grumpy and have to wait for a new shipment of fabric. I hate wasting fabric. There's still a lot of leftover but not enough to re-do it. So yes...now I have even MORE black spandex.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sims4 Tutorial: Making Custom Food Vampire Friendly

3D Printer to Die-Cutter Progress

Acrylic Glass Art with 3D printing Series: Ruka and Kyojuro Painted Scene