Prince Lotor - Day 15 + 16

So, we painted this past weekend. All the parts that needed paint got a coat or two or three or thirteen. XD

The limb armor simply got a couple coats of primer + Paint. See here:

The chest armor and gauntlets got a bit different treatment. I used Hexflex paint and brushed on over all my rough, awful sanding. Each got at least 2 - 3 coats. I went over everything with the black primer + Paint, but it really wasn't necessary. Here's what they looked like:
Then, I made some stencils for the chest piece and some masking tape (which did NOT peel off a layer of sealant this time. Yay.)
Simply had some craft acrylics in blue, orange and silver and painted the blue star, blue collar line, silver eyes and orange nose. Kitty armor.
Final result...LOL.
I also had to readjust the seams after painting. I removed 2 clips and replaced them with velcro straps. But I love how this came out.

I also installed the LED kits into the gaunlets and created diffusers out of Worbla Crystal art.


I coated things with clear varnish but for now, I call the armor and clothing portions done.
I need to color up the ears, style the wig (which I'm nervous about), and possibly craft some props. Ears and wigs first.
I need to do a final estimate of supplies eventually. Just to make myself cry. 😭 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sims4 Tutorial: Making Custom Food Vampire Friendly

3D Printer to Die-Cutter Progress

Acrylic Glass Art with 3D printing Series: Image Preparation