Prince Lotor - Day 20 + 21 + 22

This has mostly been about little tweaks here and there on the costume. Fixing loose straps and such. Most of this past weekend was prop work. The cat Kova is finished:

Doesn't look quite like how I imagined, but he is recognizable. :) He's serving as a decoration on my spooky desk.

The sword is coming along nicely for a first time prop. I used some thermal plastics to make the pommel and the hand guards.
  

The EL wire is in. (I forgot to get batteries yesterday. FUK!) But the plastic is on the sword. I need to make some adjustments around the battery pack, cover the grip and attach the pommel. I need to make some stuff out of craft foam then I can seal and paint. I hope to get it done in time for the convention but I'm not holding my breath. The logistics of bringing a weapon is a bit beyond what I can handle right now, so I'll use it for the photoshoot I'm planning. Or the next con I decide to go to. :) 

On Sunday I did a makeup, wig and costume test. 
Gawd, my apartment is FULL of garbage. :P 

After sharing to a geek group someone shared their Princess Allura cosplay...which was all spandex and I was like. HOLD THE PHONE. Now give the phone to me. What if I made parts of the armor with spandex instead of EVA? So I remade the thigh armor in spandex. 
Here's the comparison. 
Spandex Left, EVA Right 
Spandex on both legs.
 I like the look and feel of the spandex versions. so I think I'm going to cut the velcro off the leggings and sew the tops directly onto the leggings in spots. No slipping. Hella tight. Sexy.

And that's what's been going on the past few days. Today I will secure the spandex thigh armor and fix a strap on the shin guard. And then I swear I am done fiddling!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sims4 Tutorial: Making Custom Food Vampire Friendly

3D Printer to Die-Cutter Progress

Acrylic Glass Art with 3D printing Series: Image Preparation